Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Kuala Woh Recreational Forest

Several days after the trip to Sg. Klah Hot Spring Park, the body felt itchy again.

This time, we wanted to go to Cameron Highlands. The last time we went there must be 20 years ago. Heard my brother said it only takes around 1 hour time by using the new road. Cool. How could we miss that too?


Just the night before departure, KS had a nightmare. It was so terrifying that when he told me about his dream, immediately I said we should just forget about going Cameron Highlands. He raised his legs to second me.

So, to compensate the void here, we execute our contingency plan. After taking lunch with my parents in a restaurant, we grabbed them to go together with us too. Couldn't stand to leave them behind at home alone.




So, this is our contingency plan, Hutan Rekreasi Kuala Woh. It is about 13km from Tapah town, along Jalan Tapah-Cameron Highlands.
(When we were driving on the old road of Tapah-Cameron Highlands, it reminds me of the dream that KS told me, and that made me felt creepy. Why on earth we still do the thing that is related to CH though we had tried to avoid it at the first place? Thank God, nothing happened!)




Got the 'hutan' feel or not?



How about this one? (nope)




And this one? (nope)







The main attraction in this forest park is the shallow water of the Batang Padang River.



This isn't an ordinary river. It has a hot water pool formed by a hot spring. The water is not hot, but we can feel the heat of the sand at many spots when we walked along the river. At certain part, the sand is very hot, I couldn't even stand on it for more than 5 seconds.



I don't know why he deliberately gave me this look?



Naturally, we all would want to climb up and sit there for a while, for no specific reason. The greatest challenge is not to fall down on the very hot sand beneath the trunk.



The father-and-son even stand up there to show their 'kecanggihan'.
(suddenly I remember some of the long-forgotten Malay words).



Yes, my awesome kid-model.




My mom seldom get in touch with the natural habitats, but she seem to enjoy herself very much that day. I'm happy to see that too.




But none of us enjoy as much as this little boy did...




For me, I enjoyed myself by looking around this place, and taking photos at every different directions. Standing in the middle part of the river, this is the view from my right hand side...



The left hand side...




Strange thing is, I've started to see Malaysia's landscape and many other stuffs as from the eyes of a foreigner. I think I've really left this country for long enough. For example, those tall trees look very special to me. I took quite some time to admire its beauty.


Some of the flora and fauna in this tropical forests.








And the insects...tell the boys to MUST stay their nose out of these red ants.




I think we saw some butterflies flying around the area. But I was not aware it's called Rajah Brooke Butterfly at that time. Cool name !





Oh, this place got a 'muzium' (museum) too. Feeling curious, we went to check it out...



A small trek that lead us to the 'muzium'.



Another attraction in the area is the 30-metre long suspended bridge hung across the Batang Padang river, providing an opportunity to observe both the river and its surrounding scenery from this high vantage point.



Looking right...




Looking left...




Over the end of this suspension bridge takes visitors to a museum that displays photographs of forest produce.




The museum opens only from 9am-4.30pm on Saturdays and Sundays. It was closed by the time we reached there.



That's it, nothing else for us to see. Besides, it's time to left and drove to our next stop then...
*
*

5 comments:

tasy said...

The name Kuala Woh sounds very familiar to me, not sure if I had been there before or not. It's certainly good to enjoy the nature especially together with family. Wahh.. seems like your CNY break was very adventurous, not a boring day laid to rest, huh? Good work!

Herme Hew said...

The name of Kuala Woh recalls a lot of our memories... But the pictures looked different from last time, may be we should pay it another visit after so many years.. How come Cameron become Camera? New name?

Jessy MY Lee said...

GG, now you know why we were so busy during the CNY time lah...

Herme, thanks for pointing out that I have mistakenly replace Cameron with Camera. Guess I must have loving my camera too much here.

I remember I went to Kuala Woh about 20 years ago too, but I really don't recall much about how this place was look like last time.

Fionne Chong said...

MY, i m having some problem in putting the pics in between of my text on the post. Every time when I insert the image, it will appear on the top of the post, why huh??? and do u know how to put youtube on the post? thx yeah. Happy week ahead.

Nur said...

Hi Jessy,

Thanks for this info. I never knew and never heard of Kuala Woh bfr. Anyways, may I know what else can you do there, besides the museum, river and the 'bridge'? How far is it from the Tapah toll? Thanks Jessy. Your blog is very informative - especially for an amateur traveller like me