Sunday, April 5, 2009

Kek Lok Si Temple

Though I'm not religious, I like religious places, be it a Church, Temple or Mosque.


Simply saying, I like the peaceful ambiance over there. Also, I like to see the virtues that people carry out at the place, as well as their facial expression. Deep inside us, we do have some wishes that we hope it will come true miraculously one day, and only the mighty GOD can make it happen, right?



Back to the time when I lived in Penang, we used to go to Kek Lok Si Temple at night time. I remember once the place was lighted with thousand of lanterns. To me at the time, it's romantic enough.



After leaving for so many years, it's great to have visited Kek Lok Si again, the largest Buddhist temple in Southeast Asia. Actually, I didn't quite remember how it looks like, just remember the feelings I had had in this place.
*
*
Just above the Kek Lok Si temple is an imposing statue of Kuan Yin, the Goddess of Mercy. This massive bronze effigy rises to a height of about 100 ft/30 m, and was just recently opened to the public in 2002. It's accessible by either a 1 km walk/hike, or by inclined lift for RM 4 ($1) round-trip.





The boys were calmer when they see the statues of various Buddha in one of the halls.



Lucky we, happen to see a 'si-fu' who was carrying his prayer at the hall at that time.

I didn't know if they were tired or it's very hot outside or what, they sat there for quite a long time. I just let them.




















I don't quite remember have I ever seen this hall before, maybe it's new?







Photographing is not prohibited. Ah-mi-ta-ba.


Looking at the face of Buddha will calm me down too.



Boy, he really thinks it's perfectly ok to just sit there and read his comic book...







Husband bought him a "pineapple" cup-caddle to worship the Kuan Yin.


Very good looking design, convenient too.



*
*
I think the wall paintings over there are very artistic and beautiful.
















Another hall, older one.









Son sat there to read his favorite comic book again. We felt peaceful to look at him in that way.



Walking up to the "Pagoda of Ten Thousand Buddhas".



But it's too hot to walk to the top, we stopped at the 3rd floor, then took a break here.



Dear Buddha, please enlighten this boy...thank you.




You'll be fine, ok.


Walking back to our rented car by using the same route...



At one corner, saw this 'si fu' was busy writing something on the China brick. His hand writing is very firm and beautiful. (Each brick was sold with RM50)



What was he thinking at that time? Or he just did it for fun? I didn't ask him though.



Son, I hope you have found some peace in your mind, and you will remember that feelings for a long time, just like I do.
*
*
*
*

No comments: